Agenda For The Next Few Days
Still a lot to do in the near term future. This will get me to the point where I can say I am working on a computer. Right now, I say I'm working on a thing which will eventually be a computer.
- Update flashProg.exe and Arduino to do multiple clock pulses.
- Add verbosity and delay to Arduino code using the configuration word that's there but not yet used
- Add support for SPI/GPIO CPLD
- Add support for MAX3110E UART
- Add support for timer CPLD
- Program and test the timer CPLD
- Finish intel hex file flash programming in flashProg.exe
- Write all NOP to flash followed by RST 00H.
- Insert Z-80, 2MHz, osc, and make all the required connections.
- Ensure it works. <-- at this point, I can say it's a computer
- Write crt0.s with startup, interrupt table, RAM test
- Write ISR for timer and UART
- Write simple driver for UART (open,close,read,write,ioctl)
- Write putchar() and getchar()
- Output "Hello World!" on startup. Or "It's alive! It's alive!"
I'll decide what's next after that. Obviously, test bank switching, on board flash writing. Debug monitor. SD card in SPI mode (+ FAT16 file system)? A free RTOS? A Forth-like language?